- 2020 Book Listby LorenzoBooks I read in 2020👇🏽. Let me know your thoughts or recommendations for my 2021 list! 2020 has been a year of a massive amount of reading. Why reading you ask? Well, it is quite simple. There is just too much I don’t know. I figured I would share the books that have made it to my reading list. They span quite a lot of genres and interests- those that know me would not be too surprised as there is quite a lot that sparks my curiosity. My favourite books areContinue reading “2020 Book List”
- The best advice to any young personby LorenzoI came across the below speech given by John Roberts to his son when he graduated. I can’t seem to stop pondering on how profound and insightful his words were to a young mind. I don’t believe there is much else to add, or to explain. I hope you also ponder on its meaning in your life and how you wish to give advice to any young mind out there. “From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly, so that you will comeContinue reading “The best advice to any young person”
- COVID Puppy Boom: What you need to know before you take that step.by LorenzoDid you finally decide to take part in the Coronavirus Puppy Boom and get a dog? Great – I applaud your ability to persuade yourself and partner to bring this fantastic companion into your life. But maybe you are doing this to win that coveted award from your kids: Best Parent of the Year award. Whatever your reasons, congrats. I must warn you, however, that dog ownership is no joke; many people have gone down this path but ended up failing due to lack of planning and not being adequately informedContinue reading “COVID Puppy Boom: What you need to know before you take that step.”
- Group-shaming, cancel culture and self-censorship – a case for a truly open dialogueby LorenzoIn a democracy, we protect the rights of individuals to dissent, speak up and share their ideas. However in today’s world, social media has made it very easy for people to make quick and harsh judgments about someone that can have lasting ramifications. Are you noticing like I am that there are more and more instances of someone asking a question or sharing an unpopular opinion getting ostracized, shamed or Fired? How can we get to the root cause of problems or come up with solutions if people are afraid toContinue reading “Group-shaming, cancel culture and self-censorship – a case for a truly open dialogue”
- 2019 book list with ratingby LorenzoBecoming by Michelle Obama The laws of human nature by Robert Greene How to change your mind by Micheal Pollan The courage to act by Ben Bernanke Educated by Tara Westover Mastering the market cycle by Howard Marks Good to great by Jim Collins Enlightment now by Steven Pinklet Game Changers by Dave Asprey The Fifth Risk by Micheal Lewis
Disclaimer: This is a personal blog. Any views or opinions represented in this blog are personal and belong solely to the blog owner and do not represent those of people, institutions or organizations that the owner may or may not be associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly stated.